Friday, August 22, 2014

***ZOWIE!!!***

I don't normally use capital letters in blog posts, and I don't know if I've ever used the word Zowie.

But Lupita Pliego's résumé just hit me right between the eyes.  Hers was the first one I read (I still have about 20 to go) that included a link to her course blog!

Here I talk about this all the time--just talked about it yesterday to teachers in San Luis Coastal Unified School District-- and yet I didn't think to remind you to include a section on your résumé where you can direct your reader to your authentic work portfolio.

Hats off, Lupita, that was awesome.  Everyone else: do likewise.  Showing what you can do (instead of just telling people about it) gives you what business-school types call a competitive advantage.  Including your blog will also remind you of who's reading it, which will in turn give you ideas about how to tell the story of you: pictures of your volunteer experience, interviews with people who love your ideas/work, etc. etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment